Tuesday 24 February 2009

Spring is in the air

Yes, definitely spring is in the air. The sun is shining, it's at least ten degrees warmer than it was a few short weeks ago and it feels so good. People are emerging from their houses where they've been hibernating since the autumn and with smiles on their faces, they're beginning to tackle their gardens.
I love this time of year when the buds appear on the trees and the snowdrops bring the hedgerows to life. The days are getting longer and the sunsets more brilliant. I think for me this is more the start of the new year than all the fireworks and bell ring on the 1st of January.
So, little Clunbury is stirring, emerging refreshed after her sleep and I for one, am very glad.
Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sue,

    I tried to post a comment yesterday on this but it wasn't working.

    I love your cheery post.

    Happy New Year

    Love

    Feex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site - thank you!
    Love your photographs, too!

    peace,
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete